1. What did you do in 2013 that you'd never done before?
I sang karaoke (badly) in a biker bar. I rented at room in the city on pure impulse. I got back in the game.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
So much for saving money and stop being sick. From now on my only resolution will be to survive another year.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yupster did. I'm the least supportive auntie ever, because all I do is teasing it and teaching it how to do rowdy things.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Stingy. I didn't even see him this year. I miss that little rascal.
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2014 that you lacked in 2013?
More travelling and adventures. A puppy, perhaps?
7. What date from 2013 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
15 February. Leaving my safe bubble in the ghetto for a room in the city owned by someone I found online.
Midsummer's Eve celebration with Sofia and my brothers was great. The piggies were also there.
5 September. Thinking I didn't stand a chance to get such a cute guy, and not leaving his side since.
24 October. Simon and I went to Amsterdam, and later he decided that this was the date we officially became a couple.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I was brave and I went my own way. For better and worse, with a twist-ending.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Losing so much of my savings because I was sick. Paying off my apartment next year will be a bitch.
I gained about 40 pounds during the year because I was sick and couldn't exercise like I used to.
I also learned that I learn nothing from my mistakes.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I can't stress this point too strongly: YESSSSSSSS.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
My Nintendo Wii. Consumerism FTW.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My guinea-pigs'. They were moved around like furniture and had to get a brand new owner, and all the car rides during holidays were probably a bitch too. Thanks, piggies.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Well, our Easter celebration wasn't much of a hoot, to say the least.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Paying bills and living in the city.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
THE CITY, BABY. THE CITY.
16. What song will always remind you of 2013?
Tik Tok by Ke$ha
Wrecking Ball by Miley Cyrus (unfortunately)
Best I Ever Had by Gavin Degraw
Titanium by Megan Nicole (or whoever first made it)
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? Happier
ii. thinner or fatter? Fatter
iii. richer or poorer? Poorer
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Having more time over to spend with my friends.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
I guess I slept a bit much. Also, less injuring myself would have been nice.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
I spent it with Simon and his family, with Secret Santas and tequila.
22. Did you fall in love in 2013?
Well, I did meet last year's goal, for sure. Resounding yes on that one.
23. How many one-night stands?
2. 5. 10. None. 110. Who cares?
24. What was your favorite TV program?
New Girl and Baby Daddy. BD is so bad, but Derek Theler makes it sooo good.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
I can't remember. Knowing me: probably.
26. What was the best book you read?
I can't remember if I read any new books this year. All my things were in storage. I got some books from Kristine that I need to get started on.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Probably something that I first heard on Glee.
28. What did you want and get?
I wanted to live in the city. So I did.
29. What did you want and not get?
I wanted to stay in the city. But I'm happy where I am nonetheless.
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
I saw Avengers about a billion times. Loved 21 Jump Street. It made me laugh, and movies rarely do anymore.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I slept all day, had pizza with Simon and worked the night shift. Thrilling, I know. I turned 29! Yay!
32.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Normal, well-behaved step-parents.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2013?
I made my friends look awesome. Figure it out.
34. What kept you sane?
Nothing. I let crazy run its course with me. Now I keep myself sane for the sake of my little family.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Derek Theler. Such a handsome fucker.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
I leave the stirring to other people. I'm saving myself for Election 2014.
37. Who did you miss?
Sting. By a lot. He disappeared so quickly, and I never had the chance to say goodbye.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
I guess it's not fair to say Simon. Yasemin definitely became my new close friend, even though we first met last year.
I also met tons of cool people in the union meetings and committees I was in.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2013.
Same as last year.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
Well, maybe I just don't feel like it this year. I'll think of something awesome for next year.
2013 was a boring year for you to read about, but an awesome year for me to experience. Sorry 'bout that.