1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
Became homeless. Broke up with someone (twice). Got dumped (a gazillion times).
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Considering what a mess last New Year's Eve was, I doubt I had time to make any resolutions.
I came up with my resolutions for next year in the bathroom five minutes ago: Write more. Talk less. Save more. Work more. Keep more promises.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Again, luckily no.
5. What countries did you visit?
Italy and Spain/Mallorca
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
7. What date from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Christmas Eve, obviously.
February 1, when I started working fulltime. Two days later, when I fell off the elevator.
February 11, Steg 2.
January 9 & 10, when I moved in with Sara.
July 15, when the casino was robbed.
September 3, when I moved to my own apartment.
September 26-October 9, when I went to Rome and Mallorca with Petra and my mom.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I could do anything, and I did it.
I finally went to see my grandfather.
9. What was your biggest failure?
All my social relations fell apart and I fought seriously with all my friends at least once because I was never around.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Did I ever not suffer illnesses or injuries? Either it was a fractured ankle, an aching wisdom tooth, the sniffles, heart palpitation or stomachache. Leave me alone.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
A new laptop. We don't get along well, but it let's me be online from time to time.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
I don't really know. Not mine. But the people that mattered to me the most were: Kristine, Jennie, my mom, Petra and Tessan. You guys were awesome and I'm sorry I was such a crappy friend.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
My own and every guy I went out with. People at work who promised to help me but never did. Close friends who aren't as close anymore.
14. Where did most of your money go?
On the vacations to Rome and Mallorca. DVDs. Clothes.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Everything and nothing. Things that seemed awesome at the time but in retrospective weren't. But I was really excited for a lot of things and that was a good feeling.
16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
Gimme More - Britney Spears (for all the pre-parties at Sara's apartment)
Love Song - Sara Bareilles (for this summer)
The World at Large - Modest Mouse (for living in a kitchen and watching TV-shows on Lappy)
Forever - Chris Brown (for the boy I really liked)
Fascination - Alphabeat (for all the good times)
All These Things That I've done - The Killers (for everything)
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? Much, much, much, much, much happier.
ii. thinner or fatter? Thinner. Dude, Noodle City.
iii. richer or poorer? Poorer. Dude, owe myself 37,000.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
I can't think of anything. I'm satisfied with how this year turned out. Well, I wish I would have forced myself to write more and try to get inspiration instead of leaving things for later.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Spent money. Obsessed over scumbags.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
At work. A holiday theme. (I wrote that answer before Christmas Eve.)
22. Did you fall in love in 2008?
Maybe just a little. It passed.
23. How many one-night stands?
Technically all of them were one-night stands. And it wasn't intentional. Only one progressed further.
24. What was your favorite TV program?
I watched a lot of old TV shows because I had nothing better to do. Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip was and still is awesome.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Yeah. And I'm sufficiently more annoyed with some people that I rather liked a lot last year.
26. What was the best book you read?
I'm just now catching up on all the books I intended to read this year. American Psycho was freaky. The Lord of the Rings was exciting but long, I'm still trying to get through the first book.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I guess High School Musical doesn't count...
28. What did you want and get?
An awesome apartment.
29. What did you want and not get?
Any guy I was remotely interested in.
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
Kung Fu Panda (although I bought it on DVD and remember it being much better in the theater...)
Forgetting Sarah Marshall
What Happens in Vegas
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I spent it at work and I turned 24.
32.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
The ability to make people fall in love with me by only batting my eyelashes.
And it would also be nice if people would take me seriously from time to time.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
You can't not have a better sense in fashion when you've been living with Sara for so long.
34. What kept you sane?
Nothing. I was all over the place all the time. This was not a sane year.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
As always, James Franco.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
None. I was in the I-don't-care corner all year.
37. Who did you miss?
My grandfather. I've been thinking about him almost every day.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
Tessan. Julia. Petra, even though I met her last year.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
Scumbags do scummy things. Listen to your friends.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
"And someday you might listen to what people have to say - now you learn the hard way."
Quote of the Year:
Sara and I have just finished watching King Kong and the credits are rolling.
[After seeing the Based upon the story by credit]
Sara, shocked: This was based on a true story?
I might add to this later. I just wanted to finish it before the year ends.
I hope you guys had a good year. I did.
Happy New Year.