Things I want to figure out with this book (hopefully by reading it, because analyzing the whole thing will take for-frickin'-ever):
- What the deal is with all the birds. Mike's bird. Stan's birdwatching. Bev's sex birds (the word makes sense in my head, deal).I feel like this book is turning into the kind of book I have to read AGAIN once I finally finish it, just so I can pick it apart and find all the symbolisms and whatnot.
- If all the racial stereotypes are just in my head. The black guy being poor while all his white friends get really rich...
- ...and if it mattered that Stan was both Jewish and the one to slit his wrist when It returned.
- Why Eddie and Stan were the ones to die - was it predestined like everything else and what were the signs?
- Bill was happily married to Audra and still slept with Bev. Nimrod. (I kind of don't have to figure out why, because he's just a dirty man after all. All men suck.)
- The uninvited guests. Dude, uninvite them.
- The thing with Bill and Bev and Ben. I already read the ending (skimmed it, but I know what happens) but I favor Ben. Bill is just Gordie Lachance, after all. (And why is The Body's ending completely different from Stand By Me?)
- The deal with the turtle. The turtle rocks, because it's a turtle, but then what?
- Why Derry sucks so hard.
- Why that stupid clown have to turn up absolutely EVERYWHERE and freak me out?
I read half of it during my vacation. At one point I probably dozed off, because I was suddenly jerked back to my own plane of existence when the clown prodded my left temple - hard - with his finger. Scared the hell out of me.
That goddamn clown.