1. What did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before?
I went to another country all by myself, just like last year. But last year I stayed with Micke the whole trip so it wasn't quite as hardcore.
I ran a 6 mile race.
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Helluva lot good that did me.
Next year's: Finish some of what I missed on 101 in 1001. Attempt 300 exercise passes in 365 days. Save at least 50,000 sek. Among others. I made a list.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Chaman had a baby. I haven't seen her since.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
I had to think twice because I was almost sure she died last year, but my grandmother died this summer. I forgot to send flowers. I didn't go to the funeral. I don't miss her much.
5. What countries did you visit?
Greece. USA. England. And Åland, haha.
6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
7. What date from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
August 4. Not the date maybe, but the experience. I stood on top of the world, closer to the sky that I've ever been and felt like I was two feet away from my grandfather. We were almost together again. That feeling.
Other noteworthy (Swedish) headlines that didn't involve my life:
The wedding of the Crown Princess.
The terror attack in Stockholm.
Wikileaks, although I have no idea how it started or what it's really about. I just know it's everywhere.
The election (to a much lesser degree).
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Getting control of my out-of-control life. Four months ago I thought things would never turn out all right again. Now I'm ignoring everything that's not in the immediate future and I have no problems.
I also finished a large running race. And managed to be good at tons of things I haven't done in forever. I guess my biggest achievement would be that it turned out that I'm actually Super Girl.
9. What was your biggest failure?
I was a mess. Everything was so inexplicably chaotic and emotional. Desperation turned into poor alcohol judgment turned into shopaholism. But #8 and #9 should be switched around.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
11. What was the best thing you bought?
The trip to New York and the weirdos in the cage to my left.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
All my friends, for putting up with me and always taking my side.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
All those people I thought were my friends who turned their backs, ignored, stopped caring or still avoid eye-contact with me.
14. Where did most of your money go?
London. I spent all my money. I took a large bank loan out of depression and wasted it all on crap, because of the boy I liked. All my apartment savings went to designer handbags and diamond earrings. The downside of shopaholism.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Don't Stop Believin', February 12. It's bittersweet now, but it was amazingfantasticawesomeincredible at the time.
16. What song will always remind you of 2010?
Holy crap, McFly. I get teased about it like whoa, but OMG (it's my second most played band overall, and I discovered them less than a year ago.):
Falling In Love
We Are The Young
The Last Song
Jack's Mannequin - Spinning
Simon & Garfunkel – The Boxer
Owl City – Fireflies
Oasis – Stand By Me
The Carnivales – Lights Out Forever
Augustana – Twenty Years
Augustana – Either Way, I'll Break Your Heart Someday
Augustana – I Still Ain't Over You
Kent - Palace & Main
Kent - Socker
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? I'll chose apathetic
ii. thinner or fatter? No change. I work out more but I've gained muscles so none of my old clothes fit me.
iii. richer or poorer? Poorer.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
I wish I'd exercised more often. I also wish I had eaten more. I also wish I had taken better care of my stupid plants.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Wasted less money. Been less attached. Been less drunk. Been less self-absorbed.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
At work. We're buying one gift each and putting them in a pile to choose from. Holiday cheer.
22. Did you fall in love in 2010?
I dated Sam but broke it off over someone else. And I stuck to my resolution on #2. Now I'm back to square one and it's actually kind of nice, not having to fret or worry or be sad or jealous.
23. How many one-night stands?
24. What was your favorite TV program?
Band of Brothers.
And the usual stuff I always watch.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Yes. And vengeance is in the works. Keep your friends close and blah blah yadi ya.
26. What was the best book you read?
I read It again, haha. I also bought Different Seasons with Apt Pupil and Stand By me etc. Apt Pupil was the creepiest thing I've ever read. Way worse than any lame clown.
I didn't read many new books this year; I stuck to what's in my bookshelf. I've downloaded loads of comic books, though, and that's kind of awesome.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Kent. Augustana. Jack's Mannequin. The Carnivales. Steve Wynn. Sweet Thing. Aly & AJ. Lars Winnerbäck.
28. What did you want and get?
Feedback, constructive criticism and a watch.
29. What did you want and not get?
A Mulberry Alexa. Peace and quiet.
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
I really liked Get Him to the Greek. I also realized how awesome Stand By Me still is.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I spent it at work and I turned 26.
(Yes, I know how shocking this answer STILL is.)
32.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
That I didn't live in the ghetto. It depresses the hell out of me.
That my mom could have spent Christmas with me like we planned.
That I wouldn't have turned back and gone inside.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?
Expensive. As hell.
34. What kept you sane?
The realisation that this is all just a haul until I get to see my grandfather again. So basically, shutting myself off and going on autopilot.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Aly Michalka. I want her body.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
I voted for both the red and the blue party in the election. Nothing stirs me.
37. Who did you miss?
Same as always. And a couple of other guys.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
YUPHIN. Seriously, she might be the best person I've met, ever. Times infinity. If we're not friends until we die, I might actually kill myself.
Also Simon, Matilda, Espen and Julia. (Notice how none of the people I ever meet aren't new co-workers. Also notice how barely anyone is still around a year later.)
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010.
Don't do anything. That way, nothing bad can ever happen. And do it with a fake smile.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
And he carries the reminders of every glove that layed him down
Or cut him 'til he cried out, in his anger and his shame:
"I am leaving, I am leaving" - but a fighter still remains