1. What did you do in 2012 that you'd never done before?
- I called in sick. For several days in a row. Crazy.
- I became an active member in Sweden’s Hotel and restaurant union.
- I went to Las Vegas.
- I got to ride in a limousine. Awesome.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
- I saved money and worked hard - until I got sick, that is - I became a union representative (and then some), I make monthly donations to the Alzheimer foundation and I spent a lot of time with my mom.
Next year I will focus on my apartment and living arrangements, save money and stop being sick. Also, being on time for stuff.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
US and Finland. It was a slow year for someone who usually travels a lot.
6. What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012?
Health and good luck.
7. What date from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
- Everything in Las Vegas - Red Rock Canyon, Viva Elvis etc.
- February 13 - I don’t know what it is with this day, but something always happens. Cosmo Awards, for example.
- May 1 - the perfect day with the perfect people.
- September 10 - another perfect day and evening
- October 16 - I lost someone really important, and it totally sucked
- My birthday was memorable, for once. Yay.
- Walking with dinosaurs! OMG!
- November 30 - Ungdomsforum - being happy and sad at the same time because life hits you hard sometimes, while it’s totally, totally awesome.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
- All the work I did for the union. I was awesome.
- Being approved for an apartment.
9. What was your biggest failure?
- Not getting the job I wanted.
- Losing a really close friend of mine. I want to call almost every day and talk about how stupid it is that we don’t talk anymore, because it’s really hard to lose someone so important. But I don’t.
- This year had definite potential. But it was lost in a haze of disappointment.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
11. What was the best thing you bought?
- My apartment. It’s brand new and won’t be ready for a year, but it’s MINE.
- I just bought a Nikon D3200 and I hope that’s going to be awesome.
- My Alexa. It’s worth more than my life, and I accidentally dropped butter in it at a restaurant. But still.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Karin, Yuphin, Alexandra, Simon, Sofia and Ellinor’s. I have brave and fantastic people in my life.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
- All the stupid drama that I can’t and won’t talk about because 2013 is a fresh start so it will all be forgotten.
- I was a little depressed when Nicklas Lidström retired from NHL. Okay, a lot depressed.
14. Where did most of your money go?
To my saving account and Mulberry.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
- Seeing Therese in NY.
- I also saw the hottest guy I’ve ever seen, ever. That was cool. I almost peed my pants a little.
- Going to Helsinki with Yuphin
16. What song will always remind you of 2012?
Sexy and I Know It - LMFAO (It was the theme song when I visited Kristine)
Landslide - Tony Clarke (When my life needs a clipshow, this is the song to use behind the footage)
Shake It Out - Florence + the Machine
Good Time - Owl City
Suspicious Minds - Elvis Presley
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? Sadder
ii. thinner or fatter? Fatter
iii. richer or poorer? Same
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
More dinners and game nights with Karin, please. More hanging with my cool youngest (step)brother who I’ve finally bonded with.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
With my mom and some of my brothers at my mom’s place.
22. Did you fall in love in 2012?
I started to like someone a little. Next year my goal is to find someone who likes me back.
23. How many one-night stands?
One less than I would have liked.
24. What was your favorite TV program?
- New Girl
- Hart of Dixie
- The Sopranos
- Hell’s Kitchen
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
26. What was the best book you read?
- I read a lot of autobiographies. I loved Mindy Kaling’s Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me?
- I mostly read comic books, I think. Well, “graphic novels”, to sound less like a teenager.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I didn’t listen to much new music this year. Nothing memorable, at least. Same ol’ stuff.
28. What did you want and get?
The apartment! I wanted it so bad! I jumped around all day after I was approved.
29. What did you want and not get?
- That awesome person that I was awesome with. We were awesome together. But too much awesome is apparently scary, so I have to find someone just as awesome next year.
- A puppy.
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
- The Dark Knight Rises.
- The Hunger Games.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I was on a conference with the union, with fun activities and a fancy dinner. Everyone sang Happy Birthday and later we went out for drinks. I am now 28.
32.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Once more with feeling: I THINK YOU ALREADY KNOW THIS.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2012?
This was the year of the sweatpant. I was too sick and couldn’t give a damn.
34. What kept you sane?
The medicine, probably. Barely.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
I’m usually not very political, but it’s difficult not to be if you’re involved with the union. My first wage negotiations, among other things. I realized how batshit crazy people in a crowd can be.
37. Who did you miss?
The same dead people I always miss.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
So many. All the people I met through the union! Especially Emma, Sebastian, Piero and Ellinor. And my new co-workers, Foofie and the gang.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012.
“And so it was that I lived another year while learning very, very little.”
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
"I hate you, please die." Oh, is that not a song yet? Fine:
“I'm damned if I do and I'm damned if I don't.
So here's to drinks in the dark at the end of my road,
And I'm ready to suffer and I'm ready to hope.”